Hair and Dress Regulations
The Dean of Students is the final authority on all dress code regulations. The hair and dress code is in effect from the first bell to the last bell on school days
Pants MUST NOT HAVE any of the following:
· No Levi’s or Dickies
· No Denim is allowed regardless of the color.
· No rivets
· No” gathered in look” or elastic at the bottom of the pant leg
· No horizontal cut on the front pocket, (typical jean cut).
· No oversized or excessively tight pants.
· No outside “patch pockets” (typical jean back pocket)
· No cargo pockets
· Pants are not to be rolled up; the bottom of the paint leg should touch the anklebone.
Pants MUST HAVE:
· Belt loops
· One solid color.
· Front pockets that have a vertical dress pant cut, (typical dress pant cut).
· A back pocket cut of the inside variety (typical dress pant pocket).
· Belts must be worn
· Suggested/approved vendors would include; Dockers, Haggar, Croft and Barrow, Match, St. Johns Bay, Stafford.
· Shorts follow the same guidelines as above.
· Athletic tights or sweat pants may not be visible underneath shorts. Shorts must touch the top of the knee and may not extend below the bottom of the knee.
· Polo or oxford style shirts only.
· Must be a solid color.
· Collar must be visible.
· Shirts must be tucked in and buttoned during school hours.
· Students may not wear a shirt as a jacket. Only a sweater, sweatshirt, or jacket may be worn over a shirt.
· Hoods may not be worn during school hours.
Note: Students are allowed to wear hoods or hats when it is raining. Knit hats with St. Francis logo and purchased from the Parent Organizations may be worn outside of class during school hours.
· Hair shall be worn in a manner as to be tapered and evenly cut.
· Hairstyles must be moderate and well-groomed.
· No part of the hair will exceed three inches in length.
· Exaggerated styles are not permitted.
· Drastic transitions, where part of the haircut has is very short and then immediately transitions to long hair, is not allowed.
· Short sides and a fuller top are permitted as long as they adhere to the stipulation above and do not exhibit a harsh transition. An example of an acceptable cut is where the sides taper from a ¼ inch cut to a ½ inch cut to a ¾ inch cut etc.
· No designs whatsoever may be trimmed into the hair. (Letters, designs, racing stripes, etc.)
· Hair must be its natural color
· Hair must be neatly combed
· Sideburns may not extend lower than the bottom of the ear
· Hair must not cover the ears, eyes, or eyebrows and must be completely off the shirt collar.
· Completely shaved heads are not permitted. Mohawks, faux hawks, spikes or any other similar hair variations that are extreme or exaggerated are not allowed.
· All students must be clean shaven. No mustaches, no goatees, no 5 o’clock shadows are allowed
· The administration reserves the right to determine what qualifies as an acceptable haircut. Any student not in compliance with the hair code will have to cut his hair in such a way that it conforms to school policy.